Wednesday, November 17, 2010

busy few weeks

It has been a busy few weeks for this new little Logue family! After giving birth to my beautiful baby boy I started having horrible stomach pain and I thought it was normal for just having a baby until I was at the ranch on Saturday and the pains started getting worse and worse. On Sunday I was woken up by sharp stabbing pain in my low right side of my tummy. I dealt with the pain and went to the doctor on Monday where I was told to go over the ER and get a cat scan. After being in the ER for several hours we finally got the results back from all of the tests and they showed that there was nothing wrong but a really bad infection.
I went home and with the help of my wonderful mother and husband I fought through the pain and fevers all night. The following day my doctor wanted me to come in for another exam to see if he could figure it out. After my exam my doctor sent me over to the medical and surgery center where I was told that I was going to have surgery that afternoon to have my appendix taken out and while they are inside he was going to scan my insides and fix whatever needs to be fixed…
Thank goodness my mom came up to take care of Braxton for me or I would have been a bigger wreck then I already was. Ryan came over and helped Josh give me a blessing and around 8:00pm on Tuesday I went into surgery.
I was under for about an hour and in that hour the blew my belly up like a balloon, made four insertions, took out my appendix, unkicked my large intestines, and removed a growth off of my small intestines….
I am recovering slowly but I am sure I will be feeling better soon.
Thanks for all the phone calls, thoughts and Prayers. a HUGE thanks you to my mom who has spent so much time this last month taking care of me and my family I don’t know what I would do without her. THANK YOU MOM!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! I know how you feel. When emma was 6 months old,I woke up to sharp stabbing pains my lower right side too. They did scans and x rays to see what it was and eventually took me in to do laproscopic surgery to find out what the problem was. On the scan they did earlier,it showed a sac of fluid.They thought my appendix had burst but all it turned out to be was a ovarian cyst on my right ovary,had ruptured and my right ovary burst open. So they removed the cyst,cauterized the ovary shut and I was good. I have the same scars on my stomach to. I hate them when I look at them,I think they are ugly and my stomach will never be the same agian..but I will be ok. Glad you are ok.

    ReplyDelete